From February 9th to the 16th it’s Fashion Week in Lotro. To celebrate there will be various community and in-game events going on including a Fashion Contest that Lotro Fashion, Cosmetic Lotro and myself have been asked to help judge.
The Fashion Contest has four categories for you to enter in:
- Fashion In Motion: Entries in this category should be taken while on horseback! Color coordinate with your horse and ride through Middle-earth in style! The winner of this category will receive the title of, “Galloping Beauty 2012” (female) or “Dashing Stallion 2012” (male) on the LOTRO Forums.
- Professionally Minded: Look your best while you’re on the job! This category is for the many beautiful outfits that are themed to either your class or your crafting profession. The winner of this category will receive the title of “Professionally Dressed 2012” on the LOTRO Forums.
- Formal Extravagance: Not every ensemble needs to be created with armor. This category is for those luxurious clothing combinations that are more suited for a party under the light of the moon. The winner of this category will receive the title “Extravagant in Starlight 2012” on the LOTRO Forums.
- Most Fashionable Kinship: Dress for success as a group and send in your kinship photos! The winner of this category will be known as “Kinship Fashion Photographer 2012” on the LOTRO Forums.
The staff at Turbine will be choosing the winners of these categories.
This contest also features two special community awards; one handed out by the team of fashionistas (fashion blogs), and the other by the community itself.
- Fashionista’s Choice: This category will be voted on by members of our Fashion Blogging community! Devonna of LOTRO Stylist, Freyjuska of LOTRO Fashion, and Hymne of Cosmetic LOTRO will form our panel of fashionistas! The winner of this category will receive the title “Fashionista’s Choice 2012” on the LOTRO Forums.
- Fan Favorite: After the Turbine Community Team collects all screenshots, we’ll whittle down the pack to the best of the best. At that time, we’ll create a forum poll and let you, the community, choose your favorite! The winner of this category will receive the title “Fashion Fan Favorite 2012” on the LOTRO Forums.
The Fashionista’s Choice and Fan Favorite awards are “meta” categories. No matter which of the four categories you choose to enter, every picture that’s submitted will be eligible for these overarching categories.
To help you get started looking your best for Fashion Week, Turbine is giving away free dye color at each of the three fashionista’s blogs. So be sure to visit them to find a coupon for free dye color. All coupons will be active between 2/9 and 2/16.
If you would like Free White Dye (one free dye per customer) all you have to do is
- visit the Lotro Store and find White Dye.
- Choose to either buy a single dye (not the stack!) or quick buy the standard dye.
- When prompted, insert LOTROSTYLIST as the coupon code. The price should be immediately set to zero after the coupon is applied.
- Checkout as normal. Zero points will be removed, and you’ll get the dye in your bag.
If you would like inspiration for creating your perfect outfit be sure to visit all these wonderful Lotro Outfit resources! Cithryth’s Blog, Cosmetic Lotro, Curved Steel, Darzil’s, Lotro Fashion, Lotro Savvy, My Precious Outfitting, The Starry Mantle and finally the amazing Show us your favorite cosmetic outfit post at the Lotro community site.
All this week I will be featuring outfits using White dye. To start us off I made a new adventuring outfit for Devonna. I thought it matched perfectly with one of my favorite steeds, the Inn League Steed you can get by reaching Kindred status with the Inn League.
Head: Searcher’s Hat, dyed Sienna (T6 Crafted)
Chest: Skirmisher’s Armour, dyed White (T4 Crafted)
Legs: Silver Voice Leggings, dyed Sienna (Skirmish Camp, Minstrel Helegrod Armour)
Feet: Ceremonial Boots of the West Tower, dyed White (Skirmish Camp, Annuminas Heavy Armour)
Back: Inn League Survival Pack, dyed White (Lotro Store)
Steed: Inn League Steed (Kindred standing with the Inn League)